Diabetes In Teens: Causes and Management Tips
A kid suffering from diabetes is rare, though it is not similar like adults. The diabetes in children is often termed as “type 1” diabetes or juvenile diabetes. The pancreas is not functioning properly and producing enough insulin. Insulin is a hormone that gives your cell required energy, without insulin – it is all sugar that stays in the blood developing diabetes in teens.
These days, the younger generation is also getting “type 2” diabetes. This type of diabetes is usually seen in adults. However, it is now more commonly seen in kids due to obesity. With type 2 diabetes the body doesn’t make insulin well.
What Problems Does It Cause?
The kid often falls ill, and there are symptoms that play a major role when the kids have developed diabetes.
- He/she feels more tired
- Feels more thirsty
- Losing weight
- Pee a lot
What Happens Next?
To stay well the kid will need treatment for the rest of the life. Though, the kid is the patient, all the members of the family need to learn about this medical problem. The health care practitioner will help to educate the kid and the family member certain things like:
- Everything about diabetes
- How to do a sugar test
- How to give insulin injections
- It is important to exercise
- It is important to maintain a healthy diet
- How to know when the blood sugar is high
- How to know when the blood sugar is low
How to Manage Diabetes?
When your kid is suffering from diabetes they must do the following things:
- Exercise daily
- Have insulin injections
- Check the sugar levels routinely
- Watch what the kid is eating and see that they never skip their meals
With the above mentioned advice, the kid and the family members will be able to manage diabetes problem well. When your child is diagnosed with diabetes, your greatest concern should be attention and care you devote in managing this illness.
Taking good care will reduce the long term complications. However, it is important to instill life-long values like routine checking blood sugar levels, administering medications, and healthy lifestyle. This will serve the kid well for years to come.
Latest posts by Admin (see all)
- Give your Kids a Good Nursery Base with Nursery Rhymes - August 13, 2017
- Simple Skin Care Tips For Healthy And Glowing Skin - August 12, 2017
- Unique High Boots for the Stylish Look - August 11, 2017