Trichomoniasis is a sexually transmitted disease which is caused by a microscopic parasite known as protozoan found usually in urethral tissues and vagina.
This ailment mainly affects women but recently it has been seen that men too get infected by this STD.
- Vaginal itching
- Yellow or gray-green colored discharge
- Vaginal discharge
- Smelly, frothy, itchy, and foamy discharge
- Pain while urination
- Pain while urination
- Pain and swelling in the scrotum
- Urethral discharge
Check out some effective ways for trichomoniasis treatment written below in the article!
Antibiotics prescribed by doctors wonderfully treats this STD. there are certain alternative therapies too which helps in getting control over trichomoniasis symptoms.
Home therapies can be also used but only after nice consultation with a doctor otherwise it can lead to the development of other harmful sexually transmitted infections like Chlamydia, HIV, syphilis, and gonorrhea.
Some people believe that lying in a warm bath can helps in killing the parasite responsible for this ailment. You can even add lemon juice to either of these douches for trichomoniasis treatment.
- Vinegar douch: add 1 tsp vinegar to 1-quart warm water and lye in it.
- Yogurt douch or a solution of lactobacillus acidophilus too helps in treating this STD.
- Even aromatherapy helps in combating the symptoms of trichomoniasis. Adding bergamot oil to your douches or bathing water can help magically in reducing the irritating discharge.
The medical treatment of trichomoniasis includes metronidazole (Flagyl) except in the first three months of pregnancy.
In the initial stages of pregnancy, you can go for clotrimazole. Alcohol should be totally avoided while taking this drug otherwise you can get affected by ailments like vomiting and abdominal pain.
Metronidazole pill can be taken twice a day for 7 days.
Clotrimazole is inserted into the vagina at night for 14 days. This undoubtedly decreases symptoms of trichomoniasis but its cure rate is only 20%.
For the prevention of trichomoniasis disease, abstinence is a great way to avoid the contraction of this STD.
According to popular sex shop, safe sex and hygiene conditions do a lot in trichomoniasis treatment. Check out some ways to prevent the occurrence of trichomoniasis:
- Shower after you over with your swimming session.
- Wear condoms to prevent the occurrence of STDs.
- Avoid sharing swimsuits and towels with others.
- Always make sure you wash your private parts with plain water before and after intercourse.